Sat, 12 Aug|
Foundation group dog classes
Learn how to work with your dog in a group situation using positive, force-free training methods.
Time & Location
12 Aug 2023, 1:00 pm AEST – 17 Sept 2023, 2:00 pm AEST
Wonga Park, Wonga Park VIC 3115, Australia
About the event
- Lesson 1 via Zoom (12/08) 1-2PM AEST
- 5 face to face sessions Sundays 1-2PM AEST 20/08-17/09
What this course offers:
- Learn skills involved in training, basic manners, strategies for managing problem behaviours, and reading your dog's body language
- Learn in a small class environment of maximum 6 dogs
- The venue will be covered which allows for all-weather training
- Learn about positive force-free training and receive evidence-based advice
- Receive support and resources about dog training
- Please note that dogs who are reactive on-lead are not suitable for group classes
About your instructor:
Shadia (they/them) is currently undergoing a Cert IV in Animal Behaviour and Training through the Delta Institute, a nationally recognised vocational course designed by experts in the animal industry including behaviour veterinarians, professional dog trainers, dog training business owners, and business communication specialists. They have a special interest in the animal-assisted services sector including assistance animals and therapy animals, and recently started volunteering for Animal Aid.
Since a young age, Shadia has loved working with animals and has engaged in a variety of additional training courses to further their knowledge including attending webinars through Animal Therapies Ltd and PPGA, Karolina Westlund's 'Advanced Animal Training' and 'Animal Emotions' courses, Latrobe University's 'Animal Assisted Therapy for Healthcare Professionals', and the 'Trust Technique Video Course'. Shadia is also being mentored by professional dog trainers from the Delta Institute and the PPGA.
Group dog training ticket
This ticket includes attendance of all 6 lessons and will receive additional handouts and resources to support learning.$150.00